Your child's school meal is one of the most important parts for the day. All meals at Christchurch primary school are cooked on site in the school's canteen kitchen. All meals are cooked by ISS Caterhouse in partnership with London Borough of Redbridge.
- More than 95% of our ingredients are fresh;
- Seasonal, British Farm Assured produce is used;
- Food sourced from organic and sustainable origins, including free range eggs, organic milk and bread;
- At least two items on each weekly menu are sourced from local producers;
- Higher animal welfare sourcing, including Freedom Foods chicken, MSC certified fish
Reception - 11.45am - 1.00pm
Year 1, Year 2 and Year 4 - 12.00pm - 1.00pm
Year 3, Year 5 and Year 6 - 12.30pm - 1.30pm
Home Dinners to be collected from Melbourne Gates
What's on the Menu
Applying for Free School Meals
All primary school pupils in London are now eligible for free school meals.
We would strongly recommend that you continue to apply for free school meals if you are in receipt of one or more of the listed benefits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that as of 6 April 2010 does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit -during the four-week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your children are entitled to free school lunches
- Universal Credit
By applying for free school meals you will help to ensure that the school receives vital pupil premium funding for your child. This enables us to provide pupils with the right resources and provision; raising achievement and attainment.